Available to Resellers|
Culture: Language Learning
This collection of 18 short, attractive, highly-illustrated French information readers for primary schools:
- Introduces children to reading in French and provides practice so they can improve their reading skills
- Consolidates and extends pupilʼs vocabulary
- Provides information and pictures of the French-speaking world to support Intercultural Understanding by broadening pupilsʼ perceptions of their own society as well as of another culture
- Makes children aware of the value of reading in order to find out information and to build their vocabulary, and encourages them to become independent readers
- Can be read easily and quickly making them motivating and enjoyable
To ensure progression and differentiation, there are three easily identifiable levels of difficulty, with 6 books in each stage:
- Level 1: Usually a single short sentence per page
- Level 2: Usually 1–3 short to medium sentences per page
- Level 3: Usually 3–4 sentences per page, varying in length
Each book contains a fun multiple-choice quiz at the end to check understanding.
The books are packaged by level, together with a teaching guide and a CD–Rom containing audio files of the information books as well as e-pdf versions to enable them to be displayed on an interactive whiteboard.
The information readers in Level 3 are:
- Un tour de France
- Jeunes francophones
- Des parcs d'attractions
- Pourquoi la France ?
- Petite histoire des transports
- Des Français célèbres
6 pupil books, teacher's notes and CD-Rom