Hexagonie, Year 7 is a unique scheme for introducing Year 7 students to French
- Language elements are introduced in a logical, easy-to-understand way, so that children quickly communicate with confidence.
- Breaks language down into manageable chunks and presents them in a methodical manner enabling pupils to feel that they can converse in French.
- Brings French to life, engaging pupils' imaginations, and furthering their understanding of French language structures.
- Develops effective learning strategies that can be applied to other languages and across the curriculum.
- Linked to the new National Curriculum for Modern Languages.
Topics introduced in Hexagonie, Year 7:
- Classroom objects
- Days of the week
- Rooms and furniture in the house
- Numbers 1-20
- Parts of the body
- Family members
- Types of shop
- School subjects
Language points covered:
C'est and ce n'est pas
Être with je/tu/il/elle
Avoir with je/tu/il/elle
Sentences with il y a
Ta/ton/tes and sa/son/tes
Parler, habiter, étudier and aimer with je/tu/il/elle