120, double-sided colour flashcards introduce key vocabulary for clothes, colours, school subjects, rooms in the house and much more. The words are colour-coded to show gender. The flashcards are designed for use with Hexagonie, Parts 1 and 2, but can be used independently.
Ideas for using the flashcards:
- Write the memory tricks on the back of the cards, so you have them immediately to hand
- Add your own memory tricks as you think of them
- For feminine words underline in red the ‘e’; at the end of ‘une’ and the ‘e’; at the end of the word. (This memory trick works with most feminine nouns, but there are exceptions. See Hexagonie, Part 1 for ways of remembering the exceptions.)
- Play games with the flashcards, e.g. ‘What’s missing?’;Show several cards. Gather them up and take one away. Show the cards again and ask which is missing.
- Ask questions, e.g. ‘C’est un pantalon bleu ou un pantalon orange?’; Est-ce que c’est un kiwi?’ (to which the pupil replies ‘Oui, c’est un kiwi’ or ‘Non, ce n’est pas un kiwi. C’est un/une… ‘.