Hexagonie provides an innovative way to teach French. Hexgonie, Part 2 is aimed at pupils in Years 5 and 6.
- Systematic but flexible format makes scheme suitable for non-specialists and specialists.
- Language elements are introduced in a logical, easy-to-understand way, so that children quickly communicate with confidence.
- Breaks language down into manageable chunks and presents them in a methodical manner enabling pupils to feel that they can converse in French.
- Brings French to life, engaging pupils’ imaginations, and furthering their understanding of French language structures.
- Develops effective learning strategies that can be applied to other languages and across the curriculum.
- Comprehensive coverage of all Oracy and Literacy objectives of the KS2 Framework for Languages and many of those for intercultural understanding.
Topics introduced in Hexagonie, Part 2:
- Going on holiday
- Leisure activities
- School life and timetable
- My day
- Food and drink
- Activities at home
- The weather
Language points covered:
- Review of points covered in Hexagonie, Part 1
- Avoir and être in the present tense
- Asking questions
- Parler and other regular verbs in the present tense
- Aller in the present tense
- Faire in the present tense
Photocopiable Book and CD