Hexagonie is an innovative method for introducing students to French. It breaks language down into manageable chunks and presents them in a methodical method enabling children to feel that they can converse in French.
- Language elements are introduced in a logical, easy-to-understand way, so that children quickly communicate with confidence.
- Hexagonie brings French to life, engaging pupils’ imaginations, and furthering their understanding of French language structures.
- Develops effective learning strategies that can be applied to other languages and across the curriculum.
- Linked to the new National Curriculum for Modern Languages.
Topics introduced in Hexagonie, Year 8:
- Going on holiday
- Leisure activities
- School life and timetable
- My day
- Food and drink
- Activities at home
- The weather
Language points covered in Hexagonie, Year 8:
- Review of points covered in Hexagonie, Year 7
- Avoir and Être in the present tense
- Asking questions
- Parler and other regular verbs in the present tense
- Aller in the present tense
- Faire in the present tense