Learn French with Luc et Sophie is a story-based approach to teaching French at Key Stage 2. 1ère Partie (Part 1) is for Years 3–4 and 2ème Partie (Part 2) is for Years 5–6.
Each unit is based around a story featuring a young brother (Luc) and sister (Sophie) and their friends and family. The topic-based stories are written entirely in French, use simple sentences and introduce key vocabulary and language structures.
The stories are available both as mini 8-page books and as IWB files to allow them to be read individually, in small groups or as a whole class.
The teacherʼs book contains translations of the stories and lesson plans, exercises, games and activities focusing on enabling pupils to communicate in French. Each unit contains an original song to reinforce vocabulary.
The scheme is designed with non-specialists in mind and will make implementing the new National Curriculum for England easy. Self-assessment sheets make it easy to monitor children’s progress and ensure coverage of all the Programmes of Study.
2ème Partie (Part 2) for Years 5–6 contains:
• 1 copy each of the 14 storybooks
- Unité 1 Luc est le professeur
- Unité 2 Le vrai professeur
- Unité 3 J’ai les cheveux noirs et longs
- Unité 4 Une lettre au Père Noël
- Unité 5 Joyeux Noël!
- Unité 6 Quel temps fait-il?
- Unité 7 Combien de paquets?
- Unité 8 J’ai trente-deux paquets
- Unité 9 Luc et Sophie font les devoirs
- Unité 10 C’est délicieux!
- Unité 11 Je vais aller en vacances
- Unité 12 Dans la salle de classe
- Unité 13 J’adore le football
- Unité 14 Il est grand et gros
• CD-Rom with electronic copies of stories, for display on an IWB.
• 14 original songs
• Teacherʼs book
• Audio files of stories acted out by native French speakers, along
with the songs, vocabulary introduced and listening exercises