- A resumé of government imperatives for the early childhood profession
- A comprehensive overview of the Principles, Practices and Pedagogy underpinning the EYLF
- Support for professionals in confidently putting the EYLF into practice
- Five chapters that provide practical advice and strategies for supporting each of the Learning Outcomes: Identity, Community, Wellbeing, Learning and Communication
- Advice on implementing the outcomes with different age groups.
- Belonging, Being & Becoming guidelines.
- Ideas about attachment relationships with young children; indoor and outdoor environments; observation, evaluation and planning; and play
- Questions to encourage reflective practice
- Comprehensive list of resources plus internet links for worksheets