Now available and in stock
Sense of Wonder explores the possibilities for experiencing science in early childhood settings, together with practical ideas to inspire early childhood educators and pre-service students.
- Although the information in the book is theory based, this is a practical book which is easy to read and is illustrated throughout with full-colour photographs.
- The book covers life, natural and physical science, plus environmental care, sustainability and biodiversity, with links throughout to the EYLF.
- It also addresses important issues including formal and informal identification, working with families, supporting the social and emotional development of gifted children, accessing resources for professionals, children and their families, transition to school, early school entry and accelerations.
- What is science?
- How does EYLF make connections to science?
- How to educators honour a child’s sense of wonder?
- How do we create inspiring spaces for science?
- Physical science
- Chemical science
- Biological science
- Earth science
- Environmental science